136289Re: trouble with pattern, character collections

  • Marc Weber
    Feb 20, 2013
      Hi Bram,

      thanks for joining the discussion and participating.

      echo len(nr2char(0))
      returns 0, where is the 0 char stored as \n ..
      So please take care about the use case: I'm not talking about buffers,
      I'm talking about matchstr, substitute etc and viml strings.

      I'm aware that both should be tested and documented which becomes clear
      reading my later summary.

      Anyway [^\n] matching \n is a very very unexpected behaviour.
      Having \_[ syntax doesn't make sense, either. Because [\n] works and is
      standard. And this should be visible in docs.

      Marc Weber