136272Re: vim: map a key to "conditionally" override built-in behavior

  • ping
    Feb 19, 2013
      On 2/19/2013 4:20 AM, Paul Isambert wrote:
      > You can use <expr> to define a mapping with a function:
      >
      > function! <SID>Map()
      > if line(".") == 1 && wincol(".") == 1
      > return ":q\r"
      > else
      > return "h"
      > endif
      > endfunction
      >
      > nnoremap <expr> h <SID>Map()
      thanks!

      I still don't fully understand the theory of this <SID> thing (even read
      : help <SID>)
      but per my test this doesn't work well.
      it's weird that echo wincol() starting from 7, instead of 1, when I move
      my cursor to the leftmost column.

      regards
      ping