136256Re: mapping a substitute for the Esc key?

  • Steve Litt
    Feb 19, 2013
      On Mon, 18 Feb 2013 21:50:38 -0600
      Benjamin Klein <ben@...> wrote:

      > On Feb 18, 2013, at 7:52 PM, Steve Litt <slitt@...>
      > wrote:
      > > Thank you!
      > You're welcome -- glad to be of help. :) I was going to say that I
      > borrowed that one from Steve Losh's excellent (and lengthy) "Coming
      > Home To Vim" (http://stevelosh.com/blog/2010/09/coming-home-to-vim/),
      > but I just looked and it seems that he uses jj instead, so I must
      > have found that one elsewhere.
      > I've read that jk is faster than jj -- I can't prove that, but
      > certainly jk is very fast once you get to used to it.

      Thanks Benjamin,

      I'm actually thinking of using jf. The jk sequence seems a little
      slow/tiring because I have to reposition the hand in a weird way. The
      jj combo is similar. But with jf, the left index finger is readying
      itself as the right index finger strikes, so it will be faster. The
      cool thing about the j key is it's unlikely to be followed by a
      consonant, so I have the choice of many, many key combos.

      I'll get back to you all when I've fully evaluated key combos.