136220Re: mapping a substitute for the Esc key?

  • Steve Litt
    Feb 18, 2013
      On Mon, 18 Feb 2013 16:58:45 -0600
      Benjamin Klein <ben@...> wrote:

      > On Feb 18, 2013, at 4:54 PM, Steve Litt <slitt@...>
      > wrote:
      >
      > > Question for all of you: What's your favorite substitute for Esc,
      > > whether a keystroke, key combination, or key sequence?
      >
      > I use jk:
      >
      > inoremap jk <Esc>
      >
      > This one shouldn’t require a finger from your left hand at all and is
      > very fast indeed.

      VERY nice. Thank you Benjamin!

      I tried it on my laptop and it worked very well. It's a little awkward,
      and before my injury I would have preferred the Esc key, but given the
      situation, jk is an excellent choice. I might later change it to jj or
      kk or kl or something, to see if they're ergonomically better, but even
      though I'm not used to it, jk is very nice.

      Thank you!

      SteveT