136211Re: trouble with pattern, character collections

  • Christian Brabandt
    Feb 18, 2013
      Hi Ben!

      On Mo, 18 Feb 2013, Ben Fritz wrote:

      > I thought 7.3.796 fixed this so [^\n] is the same as '.'? Isn't that the case?

      It is. The problem is, that there is a difference between the evaluated
      string "[^\n]" which means match anything but linefeed and '[^\n]' which
      means anything but "a line seperator". This is, so that the linefeed
      control char whithin a text can be matched by '.' or [^\n]

      regards,
      Christian
      --
      Früher gab es da Universalregeln. Zum Glück ist es jetzt komplizierter
      geworden.