136208Re: trouble with pattern, character collections

  • Tim Chase
    Feb 18, 2013
      On 2013-02-18 20:28, Marc Weber wrote:
      > > I thought 7.3.796 fixed this so [^\n] is the same as '.'? Isn't
      > > that the case?
      > Rererad my message. My point is that [^\n] should *not* be the same
      > as '.' following the principle of least surprise.
      > Or tell me why there should be two ways to express the same - but no
      > sane way to express [^\n].
      > If its not possible to make [^\n] behave the way you expect there
      > should be an error instead.

      I seem to recall a similar thread a while back on similar topics of
      newlines inside negated character classes. [digging] yup:

      I don't know if my testing proves useful, or if the continuation of
      the thread offers you anything valuable, but at least it's not the
      first time this has been bumped against.