136207Re: trouble with pattern, character collections

  • Marc Weber
    Feb 18, 2013
      > I thought 7.3.796 fixed this so [^\n] is the same as '.'? Isn't that the case?
      Rererad my message. My point is that [^\n] should *not* be the same as
      '.' following the principle of least surprise.

      Or tell me why there should be two ways to express the same - but no
      sane way to express [^\n].

      If its not possible to make [^\n] behave the way you expect there should
      be an error instead.

      Marc Weber