136154Re: Loading directory of files, into a single file, in VIM

  • Dave R
    Feb 16, 2013

      Hi Russ,
      Try looking up help on the 'read' Vim command.  I think... Go to bottom of current file, do ":r YourNextFilename" and it reads it into your current file at your text cursor. There may be a more automatic technique as well that the group could suggest. You might also want to consider a command line utility, like for Windows/dos, "cat YourFilename >> CombinedFilename". I think the single '>' overwrites target, but double appends.
      And then, I'm sure there are Unix command line utilities that are ported to Windows that are perfect for this kind of thing but that's a matter of downloading and learning how-to.

      On Feb 16, 2013 2:02 PM, "Russell Urquhart" <russurquhart1@...> wrote:

      Hi,

      While still pretty new to Vim, i wanted to ask if this is possible.

      I have  a directory of html files, (that are actually xml files, misnamed extension wise.) I would like to have all those files loaded, one after another into a single file, is that possible in Vim?

      Thanks for any help,

      Russ