135937Re: Migrating text from vim to wysiwyg editor

  • Michael Henry
    Feb 2, 2013
      On 02/02/2013 01:31 PM, Gary Johnson wrote:
      > On 2013-02-02, Michael Henry wrote:
      >> I was interested to see the use of visual-mode "Y" above. In
      >> the Vim help (and in brief empirical testing), I don't see any
      >> difference between lowercase "y" and uppercase "Y" in visual
      >> mode.
      > I wanted the yank to be done line-wise and it was easier for me to
      > type Y than to investigate whether y would work as well.

      Thanks! For some reason, I couldn't see any difference in the
      help text between "y" and "Y", and the empirical testing
      happened to work because the original visual selection was done
      using "V". You've helped me learn something new today :-)

      Michael Henry