135933Re: Migrating text from vim to wysiwyg editor

  • jcordes
    Feb 2, 2013
      On Saturday, 2 February 2013 14:40:47 UTC-4, Tim Chase wrote:
      > On Sat, 2 Feb 2013 10:27:27 -0800 (PST), jcordes wrote:
      >
      > > On Friday, 1 February 2013 23:46:03 UTC-4, Tim Chase wrote:
      >
      > > > You could do something like
      >
      > > > :g/^\</'{+,'}-j
      >

      > > Thanks very much for posting this. Your explanation (in a later
      >
      > > post) makes a lot of sense,
      >
      > > but for some reason I keep coming up
      > > with an 'invalid range' error when I use :g/^\</'{+,'}-j
      >
      > The only way I was able to trigger this was if either:
      >
      > 1) your relative-range happens to be swapped (such that the 2nd line
      > comes before the first line), or
      >
      > 2) if your file only has one line in it.
      >
      > I might be able to better determine what's going on if you can
      > produce a sample file against which I could test.

      Tim, and Christian:

      I have reduced the file to something very short - however, at some point the error changed to E147: Cannot do :global recursive. Here is the short version:

      ###########
      2010.09.06

      Enter more city directory data - I already have quite a lot for my family in
      spreadsheets.

      There are 5 lines, the last one being empty. Lines 3 and 4 are each terminated by a LF.

      I'm not sure if I may be misunderstanding the original proposal, to do

      Was it intended that the entire file should be visually selected first? I hadn't thought so.

      Thanks for your assistance,
      John