135929Re: vim split window editing => separate window editing?

  • stosss
    Feb 2 11:40 AM
      Marc, the time stamp on your computer is in the future.

      On Sat, Feb 2, 2013 at 3:23 PM, Marc Weber <marco-oweber@...> wrote:
      > Excerpts from Linda W's message of Sat Feb 02 20:11:33 +0100 2013:
      >> If vim can split a window and edit the same file in multiple places,
      >> shouldn't
      >> it be possible to have those windows be "disconnected" and really be
      >> separate windows -- and still edit the same file?
      > Always talk about why you're missing it.
      >
      > a) making a copy is cheap
      > :enew then copy paste buf contents
      >
      > b) opening a second vim instance is cheap, too.
      >
      > So why bother about such complex confusing setup you're talking about?
      >
      > Marc Weber

      > ---

      "In the days of ancient Rome when the republic was still a republic,
      Lucius Cassius, one of the city's most venerated consuls, famously
      coined the phrase cui bono.

      It means As a benefit to whom?, and Lucius Cassius, inquisitive and
      analytical by nature, was always asking the question... whether he was
      investigating a crime or unraveling political corruption." - Simon
      Black

      Like I have always said, "Follow the flow of the money it always
      reveals the truth."