135923Re: Migrating text from vim to wysiwyg editor

  • vim@...
    Feb 2, 2013
      On Sat, 2 Feb 2013 10:27:27 -0800 (PST), jcordes wrote:
      > On Friday, 1 February 2013 23:46:03 UTC-4, Tim Chase wrote:
      > > You could do something like
      > > :g/^\</'{+,'}-j
      >
      > Thanks very much for posting this. Your explanation (in a later
      > post) makes a lot of sense,

      Sorry if it was just a tad prolix. :-)

      > but for some reason I keep coming up
      > with an 'invalid range' error when I use :g/^\</'{+,'}-j

      The only way I was able to trigger this was if either:

      1) your relative-range happens to be swapped (such that the 2nd line
      comes before the first line), or

      2) if your file only has one line in it.

      I might be able to better determine what's going on if you can
      produce a sample file against which I could test.

      -tim