135921Re: Migrating text from vim to wysiwyg editor

  • jcordes
    Feb 2, 2013
      On Friday, 1 February 2013 23:46:03 UTC-4, Tim Chase wrote:
      > You could do something like
      > :g/^\</'{+,'}-j
      >
      > (assuming you have at least one blank line at the end of the file;
      > otherwise, you'd have to manually join the last line to the last
      > paragraph).

      Tim,

      Thanks very much for posting this. Your explanation (in a later post) makes a lot of sense, but for some reason I keep coming up with an 'invalid range' error when I use
      This is in a short text file with some blank (empty) lines between paragraphs, on linux; line endings are just LF.

      VIM - Vi IMproved 7.3 (2010 Aug 15, compiled Sep 24 2012 23:53:05)
      Huge version without GUI.

      Can you suggest anything I might be doing wrong?

      Thanks,
      John