135919Re: Migrating text from vim to wysiwyg editor

  • Michael Henry
    Feb 2, 2013
      On 02/01/2013 10:42 PM, Gary Johnson wrote:
      > then highlight the lines of the report using V. Then
      > gqgvY
      > to reformat all the paragraphs as long lines and yank them to the
      > clipboard[...]

      I was interested to see the use of visual-mode "Y" above. In
      the Vim help (and in brief empirical testing), I don't see any
      difference between lowercase "y" and uppercase "Y" in visual
      mode. I'm just curious why you've chosen to use the uppercase
      alternative, since lowercase "y" is easier to type.

      Michael Henry