135918Re: Migrating text from vim to wysiwyg editor

  • Eric Weir
    Feb 2, 2013
      On Feb 1, 2013, at 9:55 PM, Tim Johnson wrote:

      > I've started using drupal. I've been writing articles using vim.
      > Sometimes they get printed directly from vim, sometimes I copy them
      > into OpenOffice and print them off.
      >
      > Then, I publish them to the web using drupal and a wysiwyg editor.
      >
      > I'm really very new to using wysiwyg editors (as in drupal). I'm
      > sure that pasting text from vim is going to insert hard breaks that
      > might result in hard-to-read formatting in different devices.

      I routinely yank from vim and paste in other editors without difficulty. I'm not certain this is the reason, and I didn't come up with this on my own. I asked a similar question here and it was given to me. Anyway, my .vimrc has this:

      set linebreak

      Eric Weir
      Decatur, GA USA
      eeweir@...

      "Imagining the other is a powerful antidote to fanaticism and hatred."

      - Amos Oz