135916Re: Migrating text from vim to wysiwyg editor

  • Chris Schneider
    Feb 1, 2013
      Tim - can you describe what to search help on for that trick? Second time I've seen it today, with the :g/pattern/range -dash- command.  But I couldn't actually get it working for the earlier example.

      On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 8:46 PM, <vim@...> wrote:
      On Fri, 1 Feb 2013 20:09:16 -0700, Chris Schneider wrote:
      > vipJ will join a single paragraph's lines.
      >
      > I'm not good enough with fancier :g/ commands to join each paragraph
      > individually.

      You could do something like

      (assuming you have at least one blank line at the end of the file;
      otherwise, you'd have to manually join the last line to the last
      paragraph).  Alternatively, you could do

        :v/^\s*$/norm vipJ

      which would have a similar behavior.

      -tim