135900Re: Fastest way to swap selections

  • Paul Isambert
    Feb 1, 2013
      Le 01/02/2013 15:40, Juanmi a écrit :
      > Sorry I thought I was clear. What I mean is to change in the example the mac address in printer host change with laptop host mac address. Change one for another. Something like selecting visually 1 mac, then I go to the next mac and when I select it push a keybinding and the macs addresses interchange their places.

      The simpler way I know is:

      1) select first text
      2) delete with d
      3) select second text
      4) paste first text with p (this deletes the second text)
      6) paste with p

      In step 3), if you jump to the second text with "<line>G", you can go
      back to the first position in step 5) with a simple ``.

      Otherwise, you can still use named register to make sure you make no