135837Re: How to determine the start of a visual block (C-V) when it starts in the void?

  • Axel Bender
    Jan 30, 2013
      Hi John,

      unfortunately this approach doesn't work in my situation. I'm using the same function in a mapping operating either on visuals, or on motions (:map-operator).

      Also, I think that if a visual block is displayed (set virtualedit=block, upper left corner in the void), then when switching to the command line and issuing :<C-U>echo virtcol("'<"), the function should return the "correct" left column, as this selection is perfectly legal in "block" mode...