135810Re: How to determine the start of a visual block (C-V) when it starts in the void?

  • Axel Bender
    Jan 29, 2013
      @John

      Thanks for the answer. You're right, I've actually set 'virtualedit' to 'block'. Nevertheless I would have assumed (hoped), that - whatever mode I'm in - 'block', or 'all' - virtcol("'<") would reflect the actual start column.

      One can - of course - argue in favor or against that, but I would consider this more logical: If(!) I'm able to create a block with corners in the void using 'block' mode, then why should virtcol() not adapt to that?