135753Re: Updating Syntax menu

  • Russell Urquhart
    Jan 26, 2013
      On Sat, Jan 26, 2013 at 06:21:45AM +0100, Tony Mechelynck wrote:

      > As has repeatedly been said on this list, you should NEVER change
      > anything in the $VIMRUNTIME tree because any update can do away with
      > your changes, without telling you that it did. You should rather save
      > the modified version of makemenu.vim as $VIM/vimfiles/makemenu.vim
      > (system-wide on any platform) or ~/.vim/makemenu.vim (single-user on
      > Unix-like systems) or ~/vimfiles/makemenu.vim (single-user on Windows).
      >

      > Best regards,
      > 猥ony.
      > --
      > Why don't elephants eat penguins ?
      >
      > Because they can't get the wrappers off ...
      Hi Tony,

      Yes you are correct, i will update my user makemenu.vim accordingly. I, while i was doing this, was thinking the same thing, what do i do, if/when i update my vim. And this will work, right, because i will source THIS makemenu.vim, rather than the system wide one, right?

      Thanks for steering me in the right direction!

      Russ