135607Re: vim: visual map of '|'

  • Benji Fisher
    Jan 19, 2013
      Also

      :scriptnames

      will tell you which of your plugins is <SNR>13.

      HTH
      --
      Benji Fisher

      On Sat, Jan 19, 2013 at 7:11 AM, Marcin Szamotulski <mszamot@...> wrote:
      On 04:42 Sat 19 Jan     , ping wrote:
      > experts:
      > I spent 2 hours in a sleepless night to troubleshoot this but still no
      > luck...
      >
      > so originally vim has a nice feature that:
      >
      > you block select (with V) a column
      > type I to go insert mode
      > type | (capital \) to insert a char "|" to make a table
      > esc to go back normal mode
      > this will nicely insert a '|' in front of the whole column,
      >
      > the even nice thing is that this is repeatable with '.' operation if you
      > move you cursor somewhere else.
      >
      > but it looks my '|' character was mapped to sth else by some of my
      > plugins...
      >
      > now if I want to do do the same thing, it becomes:
      >

      > you block select (with V) a column
      > type I to go insert mode
      > type | (capital \) to insert a char "|" to make a table
      > <-- right at this point, I see the "|" got inserted in the whole column,
      > while I'm still in the insert mode
      > esc to go back normal mode
      >
      > the problem is, I lost the ability to repeat.
      >
      > obviously some plugins/maps changed the default behavior, which, I
      > confirmed with "vim -u NONE -U NONE" (that still works fine).
      >
      > = here is my troubleshooting effort and result:
      >
      > == what happened? imap
      >
      > :imap

      > i  |           * |<Esc>:call <SNR>13_align()<CR>a
      >
      > among other things, it gives me this line, looks it got mapped in somewhere.
      >
      > also if I clear imap, the problem gone
      > :imapclear
      >
      > == who did that? align
      > from the name above, it looks plugin "align"?
      >
      > //this gives me nothing
      >   grep -nHriE "13_align()" .vim/ | less
      >
      > //this prints a lot of messages, among them plugin align brings me attention
      >   grep -nHriE "align()" .vim/ | less
      >
      > == how to fix?
      >
      > I tried to mv the plugin files :
      > ping@640g-laptop:~$ cd .vim/plugin/
      > ping@640g-laptop:~/.vim/plugin$ mv AlignPlugin.vim AlignPlugin.vim.txt
      > ping@640g-laptop:~/.vim/plugin$ mv AlignMapsPlugin.vim
      > AlignMapsPlugin.vim.txt
      > ping@640g-laptop:~/.vim$ cd autoload/
      > ping@640g-laptop:~/.vim/autoload$ mv AlignMaps.vim AlignMaps.vim.txt
      > ping@640g-laptop:~/.vim/autoload$ mv Align.vim Align.vim.txt
      >
      > but not work...
      >

      > how to fix the F... issue?

      To get where the map is actually defined just use this:

      :verbose imap |

      this will show the file and line number.  If it just defined in a plugin
      directory, you can define an autocommand:

      au VimEnter * iunmap |

      which will remove this map.  You can even define it using maparg()
      function:

      au VimEnter * if maparg('|') != "" | exe "iunmap |" | endif

      I have a bunch of similar unmaps.

      Best regards,
      Marcin