135038Re: slow samba+vim, I'm out of suggestions ...

  • Dominique PellĂ©
    Dec 14, 2012
      dza <dezzadk@...> wrote:

      > On Friday, 14 December 2012 09:53:37 UTC+1, Dominique Pelle wrote:
      >> Hi
      >> Which version of Vim are you using? Maybe this patch helps?
      >> 7.3.027 MS-Windows: Opening a file on a network share is very slow
      >> -- Dominique
      > It's also a problem on Linux for me :( ...

      Ah Linux. Try running vim with strace to see what system calls it does.
      It may give clues.

      $ strace -o /tmp/vim.trace vim

      Perform things that are slow on samba and look at what Vim
      does in /tmp/vim.trace log file.

      -- Dominique