134662Re: Mouse handling in urxvt

  • Johannes Deutsch
    Nov 23, 2012
      On Thu, 22 Nov 2012 16:20:21 -0800 (PST)
      John Little <John.B.Little@...> wrote:

      > On Friday, November 23, 2012 6:22:32 AM UTC+13, Johannes Deutsch
      > wrote:
      > >So it seems for me that there is a setting in one of these filenames
      > >returned by ':scriptnames':
      > > 1: ~/.vimrc
      > > Unfortunately i don't know how to debug the startup of vim and which
      > > setting could interfere with the mouse settings.
      >
      > My first suspect would be your .vimrc. A way to debug it is to add
      > the line
      >
      > finish
      >
      > at the beginning, restart vim. If the problem's gone, move it to the
      > middle, restart, and binary chop till you find the culprit.

      Thank you for the tip!

      In the meanwhile i found the malefactor. The following mapping in
      my .vimrc broke the urxvt mouse support:

      noremap <ESC> <C-\><C-N>

      Probably it interferes the interpretation of escape sequences send by
      mouse events.

      I replaced it with

      autocmd CmdwinEnter * noremap <buffer> <C-c> <C-\><C-N>

      and everything works as expected again. Although i think a mapping of
      <ESC> to <C-\><C-N> is convenient it seems that i have to do it without
      it.

      best regards and thanks for your time

      Johannes