134640Re: Mouse handling in urxvt

  • John Little
    Nov 20, 2012
      On Wednesday, November 21, 2012 1:59:57 AM UTC+13, Johannes Deutsch wrote:
      > Hi all,
      >
      > i want to have mouse support for vim if it runs in urxvt v9.15.
      >
      > To achieve this i downloaded the latest version of vim which includes
      > the latest patches along with mouse support for urxvt and compiled
      > it. After that
      >
      > vim --version | grep urxvt
      >
      > yields
      >
      > +mouse_urxvt +mouse_xterm +multi_byte +multi_lang -mzscheme
      > +netbeans_intg

      Just installed urxvt 9.15 from some Ubuntu repository, and my
      vim --version | grep urxvt

      says

      +mouse_sgr -mouse_sysmouse +mouse_urxvt +mouse_xterm +multi_byte +multi_lang

      (Hmm, what options did you use compiling vim? Did you get a "Huge version with GTK2-GNOME GUI" as shown by :ver in vim?)

      > So i tested the mouse in vim (and set ttym=urxvt, mousemodel=extend
      > and mouse=a inside vim) and observed strange actions in response of
      > mouse events compared with ':h mouse-overview'. For instance :
      >
      > insert mode: single left click => cursor moves to position of the
      > mouse pointer
      > single right click => leave insert mode:

      Running

      vim -u NONE -N -c 'set ttym=urxvt mousemodel=extend mouse=a'

      I got single right click -> start visual mode from vim's cursor to point of click, in both normal and insert modes, and in visual mode the selection changes. I imagine this is what you want.

      Regards, John