134564RE: shiftround option

  • John Beckett
    Nov 17, 2012
      rail shafigulin wrote:
      > I'm still no quite clear. So when I set shiftround it moves
      > the code by the length of shiftwidth-1 when I use the >> or << ?

      The way to think of it is this:

      If you have ":set noshiftround", after adjusting an indent you
      may find that the indents are NOT aligned at the "standard"
      positions. The standard positions are those you would get
      after indenting text that originally had no indent.

      If you have ":set shiftround", after adjusting an indent, the
      indent will be aligned at a standard position (the indent is
      rounded to a multiple of the 'shiftwidth' option).

      John