134560Re: shiftround option

  • Christian Brabandt
    Nov 17, 2012
      Hi rail!
      (please don't top poste)

      On Sa, 17 Nov 2012, rail shafigulin wrote:

      > I'm still no quite clear. So when I set shiftround it moves the code by the
      > length of shiftwidth-1 when I use the >> or << ?

      No, if it is set, it moves it to the next multiple value of shiftwidth,
      while when it is not set, it simply moves by shiftwidth chars.

      Here is an example:
      If your shiftwidth value is 4 and your input starts at cell 3 indenting
      using >> would move the text to cell 5 if shiftround is set, while it
      moves your text to cell 7 when shiftround is not set.

      regards,
      Christian
      --
      Den (inländischen) Ruhm großer Minister, Feldherrn, Fürsten stürzt
      eine einzige Staatsumwälzung oder Eroberung.