134474E763: Word characters differ between spell files

  • glts
    Nov 14 5:24 AM
      Hello list

      I am trying to use two spelling languages at the same time:

      :set spelllang=en_gb,de_ch
      :set spell

      Since the de_ch spelllang isn't included by default, Vim downloads and
      installs it automatically at ~/.vim/spell/de.utf-8.spl (also the
      suggestions file at ~/.vim/spell/de.utf-8.sug).

      Spell-checking does work fine for both languages, however, every time I
      enable spell-checking I get

      E763: Word characters differ between spell files

      The help suggests doing :mkspell on the word lists but these are not
      included with Vim. Can you help me fix this? I'm running Vim 7.3.429.

      Thank you, glts