134133Re: What do I need to read to understand g: and s: VIM variable prefixes?

  • Ben Fritz
    Nov 1, 2012
      On Wednesday, October 31, 2012 3:02:30 PM UTC-5, dotancohen wrote:

      > Exactly. However, there is no flow control outside of main(), so I
      > don't account for variables declared outside of main(). If someone is
      > declaring a variable in an area of the program with no flow control,
      > then they are explicitly declaring their intentions that the variable
      > will be global. In other words, it is not a surprise or a gotcha when
      > the variable is available in a different scope.

      If somebody declares a variable with a g: prefix in Vim, they are explicitly declaring their intentions that the variable will be global. In other words, it is not a surprise or gotcha when the variable is available in a different scope. Am I misunderstanding your complaint?