133604Re: Change colour of cursor and matching bracket

  • Bram Moolenaar
    Oct 1, 2012
      Marcin Szamotulski wrote:

      > On 23:53 Sun 30 Sep , Bram Moolenaar wrote:
      > >
      > > Dominique Pelle wrote:

      > > > I also use different colors for the cursor in insert mode
      > > > vs normal mode with xubuntu-12.04 (with all updates)
      > > > and I have not noticed any flicker. Perhaps you can
      > > > try whether installing xfce solves your flicker issue:
      > > >
      > > > 1/ sudo apt-get update
      > > > 2/ sudo apt-get install xubuntu-desktop
      > > > 3/ Log out.
      > > > 4/ Select xfce to login
      > > >
      > > > I remember having very slow refresh and flicker
      > > > in vim a long time ago, and solved it at the time
      > > > by installing the latest Nvidia driver.
      > >
      > > I'm using ATI/AMD. I tried installing their proprietery driver.
      > > Resulted in my desktop being 640 x 480 :-( Then running the
      > > display manager to change the resulution has the OK button off-screen.
      > > AAAaaaargggg! Managed to hit it by pressing Tab the right number of
      > > times.
      > >
      > > Well, the flicker is less, it's just so short now that it is hardly
      > > noticeable. But the flicker is still there.
      > >
      > > --
      > > Sorry, no fortune today.
      > >
      > > /// Bram Moolenaar -- Bram@... -- http://www.Moolenaar.net \\\
      > > /// sponsor Vim, vote for features -- http://www.Vim.org/sponsor/ \\\
      > > \\\ an exciting new programming language -- http://www.Zimbu.org ///
      > > \\\ help me help AIDS victims -- http://ICCF-Holland.org ///
      >
      > The flickering seems to be not just Ubuntu problem. I am running Gentoo
      > and can observe it here. As a terminal I use uxterm (version 279).

      Could it be a problem with Gnome desktop? I should try out xfce.

      I deinstalled the ATI driver again. It was causing display errors for
      images in Chrome. I suspect it also caused my focus-follows-mouse
      setting to be lost. Seems like a bad driver.

      --
      BRIDGEKEEPER: What is your favorite colour?
      GAWAIN: Blue ... No yelloooooww!