132595Re: Vim on Vista: right-click 'Edit with Vim' problem

  • Gary Johnson
    Aug 1, 2012
      On 2012-08-01, David Fishburn wrote:

      > >> Cream without Vim, although I can't recall if I was upgrading from 7.2 or not.
      > >
      > > The Cream installer writes the new install path to that registry
      > > location, not sure how the old one could have not been revised unless
      > > the Nullsoft WriteRegStr instruction doesn't do this?
      > >
      > > --
      > > Steve Hall [ digitect dancingpaper com ]
      > > :: Cream for Vim (http://cream.sourceforge.net)
      > >
      > Steve, sorry for not posting this earlier.
      > When I setup my new Windows 7 64bit I used the Cream installer for
      > basic Vim.
      > I did a pile of searching trying to determine why since the
      > registry looked correct.
      > Anyway, as a different test I ran the Vim installer and everything
      > worked correctly. Then I re-ran the Cream installer to get an
      > updated version and everything has worked fine since.

      I use the Cream without Cream version of Vim on my Windows XP
      machine at work and usually keep it updated to the latest release on
      the Cream site. I haven't kept careful track, but it seems that
      after every maybe third installation, the Vim commands disappear
      from the Windows Explorer context menu. Running the installer again
      has always fixed the problem.