132053Re: VIM scrollbar

  • Dotan Cohen
    Jul 3, 2012
      On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 9:35 PM, Christian Brabandt <cblists@...> wrote:
      > I used to have this one in my .vimrc (it's based on a tip by A.Politz):
      > https://groups.google.com/group/vim_use/msg/e7c193ad5dc9c136

      Thank you Christian, this is great! In the status bar it takes up no
      additional screen space either. There is a ton of stuff that I don't
      understand in there, so I'll see what I can decipher with VIM help. If
      you are on Stack Overflow or Super User you might want to post that as
      an answer.

      I'm still holding out for marks in the statusbar, I will try to see if
      I can add them myself. Three questions that might get me on my way:
      1) For mark 'n' how might I find which line it is on, i.e. get a variable nLine?
      2) Assuming a string 'bar', how might I read an arbitrary character in
      that string?
      3) Assuming a string 'bar', how might I replace an arbitrary character
      in that string?

      I read through ':h functions' and for (2) I thought that get() would
      work, but it doesn't. And for (3) I was hoping for a put() function
      but there is none. Is there something that I'm missing or should I
      write my own helper functions for this?

      Thanks!

      --
      Dotan Cohen