132025Re: Treat spaces as tabs only at the start of the line

  • Ben Fritz
    Jul 1, 2012
      On Sunday, July 1, 2012 1:12:05 PM UTC-5, Gerardo Marset wrote:

      > Thanks for the suggestion, but how could I insert a BS in the line without returning the function?

      You can return the <BS>, that's not one of the things that break insert mode.

      :help ins-special-special gives the list of things that do.

      You should be able to use your current <C-R>= mapping, or an <expr> mapping, to return <BS> plus an appropriate number of spaces.