130095Re: E365 hardcopy

    Mar 31 6:23 AM
      On 31/03/12 13:38, Phil Dobbin wrote:

      > Hi, all.
      >
      > Out of the blue this morning my Debian Squeeze Vim (7.2.445 console=huge
      > GUI=gtk2+huge) has started throwing the hardcopy error:
      >
      > `E365: Failed to print Postscript file`
      >
      > this is on both the GUI & console Debian supplied Vims.
      >
      > Apt hasn't downloaded & installed any print updates recently & I can
      > print the same test files from gedit, etc.
      >
      > Last time I had this on setting up Vim on Fedora it was a print
      > preferences error (different name for the printer than specified in my
      > vimrc) but this is not the case in this instance.
      >
      > I printed from this Vim on this machine a couple of days ago no problem
      > & I haven't altered my runtime or machine settings in the meantime.
      >
      > Any help appreciated,
      >
      > Cheers,
      >
      > Phil...

      - Any recent changes in the PostScript / groff / other related… packages
      on your system?
      - See also ":help print.txt" and in particular:
      - :help print-intro
      - :help print-options

      Real computer scientists despise the idea of actual hardware. Hardware
      has limitations, software doesn't. It's a real shame that Turing
      machines are so poor at I/O.