129399Re: creating syntax file - syn match problem

  • Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz
    Mar 4, 2012
      On Fri, 2 Mar 2012 18:36:26 +0000
      Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz <vim@...> wrote:

      >On Fri, 2 Mar 2012 09:24:28 -0800 (PST)
      >Ben Fritz <fritzophrenic@...> wrote:
      >
      >>> b) multi-line blocks
      >>>  - are delimited by any number of braces (min 3)
      >>
      >>For this, I think you'll need to compromise and select some maximum
      >>number of braces to allow highlighting for.
      >
      >I can happily settle for 4.
      >
      >>>  - the code may contain sets of curly braces (they don't need to
      >>> match)
      >>
      >>I'm not sure what you mean by this. Are you saying {{{ does not always
      >>start a code block?
      >
      >correct. {{{ does not start a code block if it is inside a code block.
      >Curly braces inside a code block are just text.
      >
      >>>  - the block is closed by the first set of braces that contains the
      >>> same number of braces as the opening set
      >>
      >>This makes sense. But can blocks with the same number of braces nest?
      >>[...]
      >
      >Therefore, I would like {{{ and }}} to be highlighted blue and the text
      >inbetween green.

      This virtually does what I want:

      syn region xyzCode matchgroup=xyzCodeMark start='{{{' end='}}}'
      syn region xyzCode matchgroup=xyzCodeMark start='{{{{' end='}}}}'

      with one exception:
      When the code block is started with more than 3 braces, the opening set
      of braces must be followed by [spaces] and a new line. The code has to
      be placed on the next line. The closing braces can be on the same line
      as the last code.

      --

      Best Regards,
      Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz