128106Re: Nesting an already defined menu in a menu

  • Marko Mahnič
    Jan 5, 2012
      On Jan 5, 12:55 am, gvalkov <georgi.t.val...@...> wrote:
      > Hm, I was also eyeing the output of `menu $menu` as a possibility, but
      > it just seemed too painful to parse at the moment. It would have been
      > nice if vim had this built in - feels more like a core function,
      > rather than something that scripts like yours should provide (imho).

      Yes, especially since the MoveMenu function has some problems with
      menus that contain some special characters, IIRC with '|' (bar). Most
      of the menus are transfered, though.

      > Either way, something like ftmenu#MoveMenu and ftmenu#CaptureMenu
      > would be a nice addition to one of the vim script libraries (l9, tlib,
      > vxlib etc)

      I was planning to add it to VxLib (among other things), but I don't
      have much time these days.

      Marko