128064Re: Nesting an already defined menu in a menu

  • Marko Mahnič
    Jan 3, 2012
      On Jan 3, 12:46 am, gvalkov <georgi.t.val...@...> wrote:
      > Is it possible to nest a menu that has already been defined (say, in a
      > plugin) under another menu (say, PopUp)?

      It is possible. In fact I implemented something like this in a plugin
      (FileType Menu) which was never published on vim.org. The code is
      here:

      http://vimuiex.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/vimuiex/trunk/related/filetype-menu/

      From the docs:

      FileType Menu plugin implements a menu that changes its contents based
      on the 'filetype' of the current buffer.

      3. Moving menus around
      The ftmenu plugin exposes some functions that enable the user to move
      a menu
      to a different location in the menu structure. This can be useful when
      many
      plugins are installed that create their own top-level menus which can
      make the
      menubar too large.

      Marko