127999Re: mutt and vim playing together

  • Kai Weber
    Dec 29, 2011
      * Marc Weber <marco-oweber@...>:

      > > So everytime I edit a mail the first line and following manually inserted blank
      > > lines are highlighted.
      > Why do you need this?
      > Use syntax commands instead.

      Syntax highlighting is not what I look for.

      What I want to achieve is jumping to the first blank line where I can start
      typing my mail instantly. So I search for ^$ and vim jumps to the first
      occurrence (with the consequences I wrote in my first mail).

      But thinking about it... my solution could be to jump at the end of the file.
      Now I have in my muttrc

      set editor = "vim +$"

      Seems to work so far.