127997mutt and vim playing together

  • Kai Weber
    Dec 29, 2011

      I use vim in combination with mutt. To start vim I have following setting in my
      muttrc:

      # use vim and skip to the first blank line
      set editor = "vim +:silent+/^$"

      In my vimrc I have

      set hlsearch

      So everytime I edit a mail the first line and following manually inserted blank
      lines are highlighted. While hlsearch is useful in most cases I find this case
      annoying when editing my mails.

      How can I temporarily disable hlsearch and let vim jump to the first blank
      line?

      Any other recommendations for a good mail editing workflow?

      Regards, Kai