126784Re: Cannot use gf to go to file, path seems set

  • Jacobo de Vera
    Nov 1 8:27 AM
      On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 13:32, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen@...> wrote:
      > On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 01:06, Gary Johnson <garyjohn@...> wrote:
      >> The problem is that that last segment of the path name,
      >> /includes/functions_misc.php,  begins with a "/" which Vim
      >> understands to mean the beginning of an absolute path.  See
      >>    :help 'path'
      > i see, Gary, that makes sense. Is there any workaround? This is a huge
      > (>80000 files) application, full of include()s and require()s.
      > Thanks.

      I have a similar situation at work, where stuff is compiled inside a
      chrooted environment, yet editing happens outside, so full paths in
      files are really relative when editing. What I do is to visually
      select the path, excluding the initial slash, and then use gf, which
      will work on the selected text only.

      Perhaps there is a faster way to do this, I'd love to hear about it.

      Jacobo de Vera