125734Re: O-Reilly's Learning the vi and Vim Editors

  • Marcin Szamotulski
    Sep 2 12:24 PM
      On 13:53 Fri 02 Sep , Tim Chase wrote:
      > On 09/02/11 13:37, Hozzy2u wrote:
      > > I just want to thank everyone for their quick response to my
      > > question. I have just downloaded the "Vim Recipes" PDF file
      > > and printed it out so I could highlight and add notes as I
      > > read it.
      >
      > as much as I'd like to support authors of Vim books, I'm glad you
      > didn't have to spend significant money.
      >
      > > I look forward to watching this group and hope to at some
      > > point get to where I can add to the responses. Thanks again
      > > you have all been a great help.
      >
      > As can tell, the list is a pretty friendly place and we want your
      > experience with Vim to be a positive one. Vim's help is pretty
      > exhaustive, so one of the other important things to learn is how
      > to navigate it. But even then, there have been times where I've
      > lacked the right search-terms for :helpgrep and had to ask the
      > list where to find a certain feature. So if something puzzles
      > you and you're feeling stumped, we're glad to help you out!
      >
      > -tim

      There are also very nice video casts by Derek Wyatt: http://vimeo.com/6999927,
      which I found recently and watched them just for fun. They are a very good
      introduction to vim. It is also worth looking at Darek Wyatt blog:
      http://www.derekwyatt.org/vim/ (where all the videos are listed in more
      structured way, and also you can find there his vimrc file with nice
      comments).

      Best regards,
      Marcin