125670Very strange problem about messages in 64bit vim

  • zhufeng
    Aug 30, 2011
      hey guys, there is a problem about messages in 64bit vim.

      I tried to compile a 64bit vim with MS VC2010 64bit compiler, and I
      modified the file "bigvim.bat" to do this, the file is about this :

      :: command to build big Vim with OLE, Perl, Python, Ruby and Tcl
      nmake -f Make_mvc.mak FEATURES=HUGE GUI=yes OLE=yes IME=yes GIME=yes
      PERL_VER=512 PYTHON=C:\1\python27 DYNAMIC_PYTHON=yes PYTHON_VER=27
      PYTHON3=C:\1\python32 DYNAMIC_PYTHON3=yes PYTHON3_VER=32 RUBY=C:
      \1\ruby191 DYNAMIC_RUBY=yes RUBY_VER=191 RUBY_VER_LONG=1.9.1 LUA=C:
      \1\lua DYNAMIC_LUA=yes USERNAME=zhufeng USERDOMAIN=zhufeng-

      But when finished compiling, I found that all messages in vim are
      English (Mother tongue is Chinese), and the menus are Chinese, this
      puzzled me a lot.

      In order to figure out this, I tried some other ways.

      First, I tried to compile vim with MS VC2010 32bit compiler,
      everything is all right, messages are all Chinese.

      Second, I tried to compile vim in RedHat Enterprise Linux 6.0 64bit
      with gcc 64bit, everything is also all right, all messages are
      Chinese, and I tried to use "file /usr/local/bin/gvim", and it told
      that this binary is a ELF 64bit program.

      So is there anybody who can help me to solve this ? Thanks very much.