125099Re: Moving a fold? [Was: A mile of dashes added to foldtext]

  • Erik Christiansen
    Aug 2 12:54 AM
      On 01.08.11 13:18, Ben Fritz wrote:
      > On Aug 1, 6:40 am, Erik Christiansen <dva...@...> wrote:
      > > Perhaps there is a "to end of fold" motion, to use with d, even though I
      > > don't see one in motion.txt.
      >
      > Most operations done on a closed fold will act on all lines within the
      > fold. For example, if you have a big 1234-line fold, close the fold
      > and press "dd" on the foldtext as if you were deleting just one line.
      > The entire folded text will be deleted, ready to put elsewhere.

      Oooh, that is just cooler than menthol. :-))

      > If you need more fine-grained control, you're also right to think of a
      > "to end of fold" motion. ]z does exactly this, if the cursor is inside
      > an open fold. [z similarly goes to the start of the open fold. You can
      > also move between folds with zj/zk.

      Ah, yes, I should have looked in ":h folds" as well as motion.

      The folding feature is a delight, with those motions, and the power of
      "dd". Very, _very_ nice. :-))

      Now that we have it, I wouldn't give it up for the weight of emacs in
      pizza.

      Thank you for leading this horse to water.

      Erik

      --
      I have yet to see any problem, however complicated, which, when you
      looked at it in the right way, did not become still more complicated.