123733Re: Folding

  • Eric Weir
    Jun 5, 2011
      On Jun 5, 2011, at 2:38 AM, Gary Johnson wrote:

      > That line,
      >
      > :set foldtext=v:folddashes.substitute(getline(v:foldstart),'/\\*\\\|\\*/\\\|{{{\\d\\=','','g')
      >
      > does not include the number of lines in the fold, so either it is
      > not being executed in your ~/.vimrc or the option is being set
      > to some other value somewhere after your ~/.vimrc is read.

      It does seem to be being executed. What's displayed is definitely different. Minus the line number report -- which of course I can live with till I learn how to get rid of it -- it's exactly what I want.

      > Execute
      >
      > :verbose foldtext?
      >
      > and see what it reports. It will show you the current value of the
      > 'foldtext' option and where it was last set.

      Weird. When I execute that command I get an error message: "W492: Not an editor command: verbose foldtext?" [I also tried it without the "?".]

      I've checked help on :verbose, but it didn't help me understand why I'm getting this message. .

      Thanks again,
      Eric Weir
      Decatur, GA USA
      eeweir@...