123654syntax highlighting perl with large multiline html strings

  • Fred Malone
    May 31, 2011
      Hi all,

      I apologize if this has been asked before.  I do a lot of programming in perl as cgi files and such.  Many of the scripts I work on do a lot of html printing.  Frequently there are multi-line html sections such as this:
      print <<HTML;
      HTML

      The problem is that vim will mixup (turn off/on) the syntax highlighting within the string if I start includes quotes such as in javascript or even just class='someclass'.  Everything between the <<HTML and the last HTML should be considered a string.  Vim in both the terminal and gVim will stop treating the whole block as a string.  Is this a known issue?  Is there a way to prevent this from happening or to quickly reset it?

      Thanks.