123047Re: Unable to enter functions keys in .vimrc or any other file

  • Michael Hauser
    May 2, 2011
      On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 22:59, Mahendra Ladhe <lml108@...> wrote:
      >    I am using vim 7.3 on Windows XP. I'm trying to map some function keys using 'map'
      > command in the .vimrc
      > When I enter the key sequence ctrl-v followed by some function key, say F1,
      > vim enters the 4-character sequence <F1> instead of the actual control key F1.
      > Btw, I'm able to use ctrl-v key for visual mode text selection.
      > How do I enter function or any other control keys in .vimrc

      Hitting the function keys in insert mode seems to default to print <F1>.
      Are you asking about the syntax?
      Perhaps I am misunderstanding you here, but mapping e.g. ':q!' to 'F4'
      works like this in .vimrc:

      map <F4> :q!<CR>

      Regards,
      mih