121300Re: Proper handling of C style // comments?

  • Hugh Sasse
    Mar 2, 2011
      On Wed, 2 Mar 2011, kuru wrote:

      > Hi
      > Currently when ever I open .c files, "//" comment lines show up as
      > "errors" based on the color syntax. I have tried the latest c.vim from
      > last November which seems to resolve the issue but that one is
      > relatively shorter and not as extended as the previous c.vim syntax
      > file. So I am trying to find the offending lines in the older c.vim
      > and resolve the mishandling. The only thing is that I am not so
      > profound with the expressions in the syntax files. And I just cannt
      > figure out how to fix it. I am hoping that someone might be able to
      > help me out here

      The 7.2 syntax/c.vim uses the tag cCommentL for this, and the highlight
      association looks like
      hi def link cCommentL cComment
      (if I've got that right.) Try looking for something like that, maybe with
      cError instead of cComment, as it's showing as an error.

      I'm not an expert, so ignore this if someone actually fluent in this stuff