120643Re: value of a variable within a expression

  • ZyX
    Feb 1 8:50 PM
      Reply to message «value of a variable within a expression»,
      sent 04:04:51 02 February 2011, Wednesday
      by Jonas Geiregat:

      > !stylus < '%:p' > s:nfile
      >
      > This doesn't work and really runs !stylus < whatever_is_the_current_file >
      > s:nfile.
      >
      > I've tried everything from echo s:nfile to let s:nfile within the
      > expression.
      You should use :execute in such cases:
      execute '!stylus < '.shellescape(expand('%:p'), 1).
      \' > '.shellescape(s:nfile, 1)
      Note that using «'%:p'» is not sufficient to escape filename: try it when
      filename contents odd number of a single quotes.

      > You have to excuse me if this is a silly question. But as you might have
      > guessed I'm new to vim.
      >
      > I've defined a variable s:nfile and want to use it in the following
      > expression.
      >
      > !stylus < '%:p' > s:nfile
      >
      > This doesn't work and really runs !stylus < whatever_is_the_current_file >
      > s:nfile.
      >
      > I've tried everything from echo s:nfile to let s:nfile within the
      > expression.
      >
      > Thanks in advance,
      >
      > Jonas Geiregat.
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic