120639value of a variable within a expression

  • Jonas Geiregat
    Feb 1, 2011
      Hello,

      You have to excuse me if this is a silly question. But as you might have guessed I'm new to vim.

      I've defined a variable s:nfile and want to use it in the following expression.

      !stylus < '%:p' > s:nfile

      This doesn't work and really runs !stylus < whatever_is_the_current_file > s:nfile.

      I've tried everything from echo s:nfile to let s:nfile within the expression.

      Thanks in advance,

      Jonas Geiregat.