120608Re: Determining if Vim is running in text-console mode or X Windows

  • Steve Laurie
    Feb 1, 2011
      On 02/01/11 21:07, Karthick Gururaj wrote:
      > On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 3:30 PM, Christian Brabandt<cblists@...> wrote:
      > [snip]
      >
      >> So you basically distinguish it by inspecting your $TERM variable. First
      >> determine in both situations what your $TERM is set to, then put something
      >> like this in your .vimrc
      > Ah, I mis-read the post. Clearer now :)

      Thanks for your help. unfortunately, none of these suggestions work.

      If I had some way of changing $TERM from cons25 to xterm-256color when
      Xorg starts up, that would work.
      I tried putting export TERM="xterm-256color" in my .xinitrc file but it
      doesn't change.
      I also tried exporting it from Window Maker's
      ~/GNUstep/Library/WindowMaker/autostart file but that didn't work either.

      I can't get it to change from cons25