119928Re: vim --remote over ssh -X (P.S.)

    Jan 2, 2011
      On 03/01/11 08:45, Tony Mechelynck wrote:
      > On 02/01/11 19:05, Bastian Venthur wrote:
      >> Hi,
      >>
      >> when I log into a remote machine with ssh -X and start a local gvim
      >> session, i can see the local gvim with:
      >>
      >> user@remote$ gvim --serverlist
      >> GVIM
      >>
      >> To control that it is really my local gvim session, I repeat it after
      >> closing the local gvim and the serverlist is empty.
      >>
      >> when I want to open a remote file with the --remote option
      >>
      >> user@remote$ gvim --remote test.py
      >>
      >> an empty file gets loaded in my local gvim. Is this a bug? If not, is
      >> there a similar way to edit remote files locally? I know that it's
      >> possible to use :e scp:user@remote/path/to/file but I find it more
      >> convenient to call vim direclty within the remote filesystem.
      >>

      >> Cheers,
      >>
      >> Bastian
      >>

      > T'ain't a bug, it's a feature:
      [...]

      Oh, and I'm not sure of the difference between ssh -X (untrusted X11
      forwarding) and ssh -Y (trusted X11 forwarding).

      Winter is the season in which people try to keep the house as warm as
      it was in the summer, when they complained about the heat.